Thursday, February 4, 2010

Appreciation

Appreciation is recognizing value. In fact, when something is said to increase in value, it appreciates. A rare old coin buried in a jar has the same value as equal denominations. When it is recognized as special or rare, then it’s value increases. When we see every individual as unique, therefore extremely rare, we can appreciate their value. Value leads to respect. Respect, seeing the Divinity in others and in ourselves, creates a sense of equality and oneness. Respecting all life leads to compassion for all life. Compassion brings healing and wellness into the world.



Cost of Appreciation


Easier to want what I don’t have
Than to appreciate what I do,
I often wonder why I can’t acquire happiness
or why my wants and wishes
don’t come true.

When my wishes do come true,
I see more to wish for
Instead of gratitude.

When focusing on my wants,
it’s difficult to see
All of the gifts
I already have received.

Gifts we take for granted
are eventually taken away.
Value is more apparent
when loss is the price we pay.

So happiness comes from loss,
or so it would seem.
Until we are happy for ALL we have
happiness is still a dream.




Be content with what you have;

Rejoice in the way things are.
When you realize there is nothing lacking
The whole world belongs to you.
- Lao Tzu

No comments:

Post a Comment